It comes as a surprise to most people that their carpets and rugs can actually be health hazards for the entire family. Your floor coverings are subject to constant use and abuse with people and pets tracking in dirt, food and drink spilling on them, and indoor pollution doing its part as well. Very often, allergy and asthma problems arise simply because the carpet is dirty. Besides actual dirt, your carpet can harbor other allergens:
- Dust mites infest every home, and while the mites simply live on shed skin and other detritus, their feces and shed skins are highly allergenic.
- Dampness in your house or apartment can result in mold growth in the backing or fibers of your carpeting. Not only will your carpet smell bad, but the spores released can cause respiratory problems.
- Pet hair and dander will accumulate in your rugs and carpets. Dander, especially, is a major trigger of allergies and contributes to asthma attacks.
Keeping Your Family Safe
It may surprise you to learn the about 8% of American people suffer from asthma. Asthma is a serious disease that causes the constriction of the respiratory system making it difficult to breathe. Allergies not only cause sneezing, coughing, and runny noses, but can sometimes trigger an asthma attack, too. Vacuuming frequently can help to keep these problems in line, but there will come a time when vacuuming simply is not enough.
Fortunately, there is an answer to this problem: NYCleaners cleans carpets and rugs professionally.
- Dry cleaning is a great way to get out the grime quickly.
- Deep steam cleaning gets down to the carpet backing to remove every bit of dirt.
- Rugs are safely cleaned at our facility to help provide you with an allergy-free home environment.
Professional rug cleaning not only cleans thoroughly, it cleans safely by using modern equipment, trained technicians, and green cleaning products.